|Accounting Associate JO-1907-543777|
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful firm in a role that will provide exposure for an individual who is interested in learning various aspects of the trading business.
The new hire will work with existing team members from operations and accounting. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to: verifying and reconciling broker and exchange invoices, managing firm data for tracking and allocation of exchange fees/rebates and developing spreadsheets used for analysis and reporting.
The candidate will cross-train and ultimately serve as a back-up in the areas of trade support and P&L reporting. Position requirements include a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, 1 – 3 years of professional experience in a similar or related area.
Candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and proven proficiency using basic computer applications (Excel & Word). Must demonstrate exceptional research ability, capable administrative and organizational skills, strong reading comprehension and news awareness.
• Reconcile various bank accounts by compiling and balancing financial information
• Prepares and processes payments accurately and on time for amounts owed by the company, reconciles bills and balances accounts.
• Tracks all payment and transaction records using applicable systems, maintains vendor files.
• Helps secure sensitive financial data by assisting other team members with record keeping and maintenance
• Corrects accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustments
• Updates and maintains general ledger accounts by keeping close track of accounts receivable details and control accounts
• Expands knowledge base by participating in educational programs and reading accounting publications
• Completes other accounting tasks as needed
Would you like to apply to this job?