· Administer all network infrastructures -LAN,
MAN, WAN, VPN and DMZ’s including production support, fault and performance
monitoring, improvements and capacity planning
· Analyze & monitor networks continuously
· Analyze and audit overall network security
· Global network responsibilities –follow the sun
· Engineer, design and implement best practices solutions for network connectivity and firewalled DMZ’s
· Provide connectivity solutions to internal customers – application developers and systems analysts, other infrastructure team members, first line support teams
· Make recommendations to management regarding best practices for maintaining the network to meet business requirements
· Project managing infrastructure deployments, network migration, network design, setup IP internetworking with third party, etc
· Ensure compliance with Corporate Security policies and procedures
· Comply with network and firewall Corporate Change Control policies and procedures
· Troubleshoot networks, proxy, F5, firewall, DNS, external vendor and internet connectivity issues
· Firewall rule implementations and DMZ builds–internet and market data on Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and Fortinet Fortigate appliances
· Implement and support Cisco and Juniper HW product line -Catalyst switches, routers, etc.
· Implement and support routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, PIM, etc.
· Administer firewalls, f5 load balancers, and BlueCoat Proxies
· Administering of logging and security platforms: ArcSight, Balabit, Foundstone
· Administering of network monitoring tools
· Keep thorough and current network infrastructure documentation –Visio, etc.
· Occasional off hours and weekend support required
· 50% network administration – 40% firewall security – 10% voice support