|Executive Assistant JO-1901-541607|
The Executive Assistant has prime ownership and represents the Executive, being the first point of contact for any interactions with the Executive’s office. The Executive Assistant is accountable for performing the highest level of professional services and operational support to the Executive and their office. The Executive Assistant anticipates and develops strategies to maintain and strengthen relationships that are vital to the mandate and the business of the executive. She/he provides insights on areas of opportunity for leveraging current relationships and flags potential issues or concerns as it relates to internal and external stakeholders. The Executive Assistant effectively solves problems and manages complex and diverse issues that impact the Executive and manages short and long term requirements as they relate to the strategic objectives of the Executive’s Office. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
1) Professional Support (50%)
2) Financial Analysis and Support (10%)
3) General Administration (20%)
4) Human Resources Administration (10%)
5) Personal Assistance (10%)
1) Professional Support Accountabilities:
· Provides insights on areas of opportunity for leveraging current relationships and to remains continuously alert on potential issues or concerns as they relate to internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to clients, senior executive members and or cross-functional groups.
· Develops and leverages relationships across line of businesses (LOBs), with executives, senior managers and external clients to foster and support intra-group coordination while carrying out accountabilities.
· Interacts and collaborates regularly, as a critical function, with Executives and their representatives, senior managers, and with cross-functional business units to perform research and analysis, to develop and recommend alternatives, implement improvement opportunities, and to accomplish administrative and operational tasks. Develops and leverages relationships across-LOBs, with executives, senior managers, external clients and EA’s to foster and support intra-group coordination while carrying out accountabilities.
· Interfaces with clients’ executives (CEO, CFO, or senior managers of that client’s business) on behalf of business leaders in coordination of meetings, events, presentations or pitches.
· Performs business/situational analyses and develops recommendations such as identifying and developing business process improvements opportunities, or identifying and developing alternatives to support business decisions. Participates in recommending the most appropriate alternative to achieve business goals and business needs more efficiently and effectively. Participates in planning and coordination through to implementation.
· Composes, edits and manages Executive’s materials such as communications, correspondence, presentations, reports and makes recommendations on content. Accountable for disseminating communications to facilitate timely and effective communications.
· Supports or manages various projects such as business process improvement initiatives and event planning while collaborating with staff both within the team and across the impacted business units, to achieve the desired business outcomes.
2) Financial Analysis & Support Accountabilities:
· Monitors and analyzes project expenses to ensure they are within budget and reallocated to the appropriate expense/client code.
· Acts as a conduit for the efficient flow of invoice processing for payment in adherence with department processes, guidelines and vendor agreements.
· Administers a tracking system in adherence with reporting guidelines to ensure that staff members are aligned appropriately to their reporting units and with correct resource coding.
· Interacts with vendors depending on unique requirements of the business unit.
· Monitors the adherence to hierarchy and cost center information as related to expenses.
3) General Administration Accountabilities:
· Full discretion and management of Executive’s calendars, email, and contacts. Coordinates and dispatches meeting invitations and agendas to attendees, books meeting rooms and arranges for IT resources and refreshments in support of a smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
· Manages complex international multi-leg travel, often requiring continuous changes, and rescheduling.
· Conducts extensive client research, and compiles research package, and briefing notes for Executive.
· Monitors departmental expenses and maintains an efficient filing system to ensure reports, correspondence and financial documentation are maintained and readily available. Establishes and maintains organized electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
· Responsible for timely and consistent maintenance of client contact database (Salesforce) if applicable. Coordinates with Salesforce Business Analysts to produce customized reports, and ensure data quality is maintained on behalf of the business. Runs monthly reports and interfaces with internal departments on client mailings and external events. Runs weekly pipeline report.
· Leads or provides assistance with internal/departmental and/or client events as requested. Assist with day of execution.
· Prepares and dispatches outgoing mail, interfaces with selected couriers to ensure packages have been delivered within established timeframes. Screens telephone calls and responds to routine, moderate and complex inquiries.
· Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues to assist them in developing capabilities to carry out current job accountabilities and to expand the types and levels of work they perform in the future.
· Performs back-up function for other administrative staff during vacation or other absences to ensure that administrative support is provided on an ongoing basis.
· Maintains confidential client information for the business, team, or leadership and ensures information is handled appropriately.
· Manages and assists in charity engagements and fund-raising campaigns.
· Manages activities, communications and materials related to Board of Directors if applicable.
4) Human Resources Administration Accountabilities:
· Maintains and tracks staff vacations and absences (including cross border collaboration) in accordance with divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability. Participates in resolution of issues working in conjunction with Administrative Management Operations and HR.
· Oversees the onboarding of new employees. This includes coordinating workstation, system access, credit cards and initial introduction meetings.
· Provides executives support in the midyear and end of year review process, as well as the 360 reviews.
5) Personal Assistance Administration Accountabilities:
Personal assistance should be limited to being a good partner to the Executives. Examples of personal tasks that will allow Executives to more easily conduct business are:
· Picking up lunch when Executives are busy with calls or meetings during the lunch hours
· Booking doctor or other appointments during the work day as part of calendar management
· Submitting receipts for insurance reimbursement or approvals
· Auditing- Ensures that tracking meets established standards. Resolves low to complex issues and escalates critical issues for resolution.
· Monitoring- Reviews tracking in reports. The incumbent has the authority to collect or be provided with the required information to enable tracking to be done but escalates resolve if analysis suggests action is required. Monitors that administrative processes and procedures work efficiently and effectively; and participates in developing and implementing of process improvements whenever possible. Supports the management of projects by monitoring progress against key milestones and monitoring project expenses to ensure it is on budget.
· Advisory- Provides advice or suggests how to follow standard processes. Provides resolution on all administrative or operational matters. Recommends process improvements, and recommends appropriate content for reports and presentations. Makes recommendations for alternatives to support business objectives and needs.
· Autonomy- High level of discretion in executing tasks.
· Expend Resources-Has authority/discretion on spending petty cash or some budget elements.
· Decision Making- Makes high-complexity decisions in fielding phone calls, coordinating meetings, managing calendars, and in responding to non-controversial inquiries. Makes moderately complex decisions in performing business/situational analysis, in preparing reports/presentations, and in developing and implementing process improvements. When relevant established processes or procedures do not exist, the incumbent participates in determining and recommending the best process/procedure to achieve the desired outcome.
· Interacts regularly with senior managers, and with cross-functional business units to collect information to prepare research, presentations or reports, and to accomplish administrative and operational tasks. Develops relationships to achieve outcomes and to improve cross-group relationships.
· Interacts with colleagues, vendors and clients globally, dealing with multiple time-zones and cultural implications depending on unique requirements of the business unit.
· Performs financial and business/situational analysis in order to recommend alternatives for purposes of contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group, and for purposes of achieving business objectives.
· Provides administrative and professional support to a 1-2 executive and potentially 1-2 managers within a medium to large size business group.
· Manages or participates in the leadership of a variety of administrative/operational related projects.
· Overtime work is required with little notice including weekend work. Blackberry and VPN home access is required.
· No direct financial accountability, although monitors projects and operational expenses to ensure they are within budget.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Requires 5-7 years of experience in an administrative/ professional support function in a fast paced environment, dealing with moderately complex issues and managing conflicting priorities.
· Undergraduate degree or post-secondary education preferred. Other professional related training and development to keep skills current, including office productivity software.
· Seasoned knowledge of bank financial processing standards, and key business processes, and excellent working knowledge of financial analysis methodologies, accounting principles, and very good working knowledge of project management methodologies, and human resources policy.
· Seasoned broad business knowledge and deep understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and products, and customer groups.
· Excellent understanding of the processes, policies and procedures required for supporting the business unit.
· Ability to organize high complexity and high volume business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations, with little guidance and ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material.
· Ability to analyze relevant alternatives and create a rational recommendation to support business decision-making. Ability to plan and coordinate implementation of the selected alternative.
· Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
· Ability to coach and mentor more junior staff.
· Expert level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· Good project management skills to coordinate and lead a variety of initiatives.
· Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships.
· Ability to leverage knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit’s uniqueness, to carry out accountabilities.
· Ability to work both independently, as well as to play a leadership role in building a cohesive team.
· Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude and composed demeanor especially during stressful periods
Would you like to apply to this job?