- Financial Technology firm is seeking an exceptional Quality Assurance Automation Lead to join the Global Trading Technology team. This individual will be a part of part of a dynamic, agile technology team directly involved in our fast-growing electronic trading businesses. The role reports directly into the QA Tech Lead and involves writing automated tests for equity trading systems including trading algorithms, quantitative analytics, reference data, and other electronic trading services worldwide for its customers covering over 40 markets globally. This role will also cross-train existing team members within the discipline.
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and system testing of front and server side trading applications
- Design, write, execute, and maintain automated test cases for algorithmic trading, electronic trading, and other trading-related applications
- Serve as the right hand to the QA Tech Lead, contributing to the design and improvement of the automation testing framework; offering insights and recommendations to inform decisions made regarding automation tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (business analysts, developers, product owners, quants, end-users, and others) to understand business requirements and stakeholders’ needs
- Analyze system logs, configurations and other system data using common technology tools for test confirmation and defect analysis
- Responsible for bug management process and issue identification and tracking (bug advocacy)
- Skills and Experience
- 5+ more years of software quality assurance experience within sell-side electronic trading or electronic trading system provider
- Three or more years of experience programming test automation scripts in Python, Java, or similar programming language in the equity trading domain
- Experience with an electronic trading system (InfoReach, Fidessa, FlexTrade, Portware, Triton, etc.) and FIX Protocol
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN, etc.
- Experience with software lifecycle tools such as Jira, Jenkins/Travis-CI/Bamboo, etc.
- Strong understanding of order management and order routing
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies, including test case design, test scripting, defect analysis, defect reporting, and defect tracking
- Working knowledge of programming best practices: refactoring, code optimization, re-use, etc.
- Understanding of product development lifecycles and iterative development methods with a commitment to quality and excellence
- Familiarity with market structure and market data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and document testing plans and results
- Solid ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting testing efforts to meet project needs and deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership and self-sufficiency