We are looking for an experienced senior level engineer to build and explore technologies to foster the growth of our platform. You will have a broad love of technology, API design, architecture, software development, security and identity paradigms, and an appreciation of hardware. You have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly become an expert in a delivering a new and better world through biometrics and security.
What You Will Do:
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency in at least one tier. Collectively the team will embody expertise throughout the stack.
- Act as the internal and external expert in the design and support of the company’s API
- Partner closely with the back-end and client technology teams
- Deliver prototypes for next-generation software and POC sales opportunities under (sometimes) tight deadlines, focusing on time to market for promising projects
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Occasionally travel as a technology evangelist
Who You Are:
- A strong software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- BS, MS, PhD in computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: biometrics, distributed computing, security and optimization, clustered file systems, machine learning, neural networks, and speech processing.