|Sr. Network Engineer JO-1809-540199|
The Network Engineering team is the backbone of infrastructure. The team is dedicated to finding innovative ways to improve the users’ experience and enhance staff productivity. Focus on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest changes in WiFi, network architecture, security and optimization trends, so everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems. Collaborate with colleagues and topnotch engineers from across the company, including our Network and Systems Engineering, Security and Operations Teams. Collaborate to improve our network optimization and posture capabilities, as well as help to address on-going elasticity and user-impacting delivery needs. Applicant will need to have his/her finger on the pulse of what is up and coming, and be ready to make recommendations as we are always looking for new technologies to help us build solutions to complex problems.
· Collaborate with engineering and operational groups to architect, design, build, and maintain network, security and infrastructure delivery solutions across DPW;
· Learn, test, implement, and recommend alternatives to existing commercial products;
· Perform troubleshooting of networking issues across multiple platforms and technologies to solve complex issues
· Support, manage and maintain network monitoring system for the firm’s global network. This includes network performance monitoring for WAN/LAN links, network nodes, alerting and response, network configuration management and compliance and IP address management;
· Manage, monitor and maintain a L3 private IP MPLS carrier network via BGP peering as well as a sophisticated private BGP WAN topology.
· Core routing and switching experience at the enterprise level;
· Thorough troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills including packet capture analysis;
· In-depth technical knowledge of network engineering, wired and wireless network security, VOIP and strong routing and switching protocols;
· A deep understanding of TCP/IP, internet edge and datacenter design, routing, switching and multicast at the protocol level;
· Network automation tools;
· Knowledge of low-latency network design and optimization;
· Expert experience with Protocols: PIM-SM/DM, MSDP, IGMPv1/v2, Auto-RP, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, 802.1Q, 802.11, LACP, Spanning-tree, UDLD, BPDU, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS;
· Experience configuring and supporting Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls--VPN, IPS/IDS, URL Filtering and SSL Decryption;
· Experience with Aruba wireless technology and LAN controllers; prior experience with Aruba Radius, TACACS and/or Cisco Prime would be desirable;
· Creative, curious, eager to learn and quickly pick up on new trends and technologies;
· Pragmatic and able to understand the trade-off between the perfect solution and the working solution;
· A team player with customer service mentality, who can actively collaborate with others to find solutions to problems and spread knowledge and learnings with others
· 7-12 years of experience in a mid-sized enterprise or VAR environment or related expertise
· 4-year college degree
· CCNP/CCDP, CCIE Written (preferred)
· Project management, security or wireless certifications a plus
Would you like to apply to this job?