|Helpdesk Support Technician JO-1809-540155|
In this role the Network & Help Desk Support Technician’s will direct the operations and maintenance of the computer network to ensure a stable operating environment. This includes oversight of all planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all existing and new network hardware, software and communication links, including management of phone line connectivity, laptops, copiers and desktop hardware, in accordance to company policy and use. The position is also responsible for the Helpdesk, engaging in more proactive planning and support and meeting the changing needs of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver and a team player which is a key element to us. The candidate will be able to work well with users, work across multiple platforms, and work independently in a dynamic environment that faces new challenges every day.
· Manage virtual servers using VMWare, including Microsoft Exchange, Windows print and file servers. Veeam experience preferred.
· Manage security solutions, including WatchGuard firewall & Sophos anti-virus.
· Manage network components, including servers, routers, switches, access points and UPSs.
· Manage helpdesk, supporting approximately 100 users. Resolving PC hardware & software issues for both Windows & Mac, either in person or remotely.
· Create user accounts and manage access control.
· Monitor and maintain network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
· Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
· Prepare and maintain documentation of network configuration & maintain an inventory of all computers & peripherals.
· Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
· Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
· Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
· Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
· Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years working in the above or similar environment.
· Must be proficient in DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and Active Directory including group policy.
· Network management including Windows, Microsoft Office, PC deployment, Antivirus management, Remote User support and IP troubleshooting.
· Excellent planning, project management and problem-solving skills.
· Outstanding oral & written communication skills along with the ability to interact courteously with all users.
Bachelor’s degree in computer related field, or equivalent work experience.
Would you like to apply to this job?