|Front Office Application Developer (Equity) JO-1808-539788|
The hiring team is looking for a candidate who will build out equity trading applications using modern and innovative technology, while highlighting their quantitative and analytical skills. Tools developed by this group will be used to support the business teams responsible for order generation, decision support, and trading of orders related to quantitative strategies. This role will challenge the ideal candidate to develop solutions that will enhance current processes, and scale to meet evolving business needs.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience working with financial services firm in a developer capacity. Essential skills should include exposure to front office applications, including Buy-side Order Management / Execution Management Systems, a knowledge of the equity trading workflows, as well as experience performing TCA analysis and calculations.
We require self-motivated candidates, with excellent problem solving skills who can quickly adapt to working in a fast-paced business environment. The preferred candidate will also have a history of providing value-add technology solutions to business problems.
· Design, develop, test, deploy, support high quality front office trading applications
· Apply best practices using common design patterns and data structures, using innovative approaches to solve real-world business problems
· Be part of an empowered team following agile methodologies
Essential qualifications and skills
· Proven track record of developing front office applications for buy side firms
· Firm understanding of Java 1.6 - 1.8 core APIs, including collections, multi-threading, concurrency, XML, Spring (MVC, REST) and SWING
· Knowledge in a quantitative programming language (Python, NumPy/SciPy/Panda preferred )
· Knowledge of data persistence in RDMS
· Self-motivated candidate who can work just as easily as an individual as a team member
· Exposure to calculating, interpreting, and utilizing Transaction Cost Analysis metrics
· Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
· Excellent interpersonal skills; we’re looking for someone who can work closely with technology teammates and business sponsors, while still being able to challenge traditional thought processes with new and innovative ideas
· Track record of being able to communicate complex problems across teams and users in an understandable fashion
Would you like to apply to this job?