|Front Office Application Developer (Fixed Income/FX) JO-1808-539787|
The hiring team is looking for a candidate who will build and support FI/FX trading applications using modern and innovative development technology. Tools developed by this group will be used to support the business teams responsible for decision support, PMs, Portfolio Analyst and traders. This role will challenge the ideal candidate to develop solutions that will enhance current processes, and scale to meet evolving business needs.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience working with financial services firm in a developer capacity. Essential skills should include exposure to front office applications, and knowledge of the FI/FX/AI trading workflows.
We require self-motivated candidates, with excellent problem solving skills who can quickly adapt to working in a fast-paced business environment. The preferred candidate will also have a history of providing value-add technology solutions to business problems.
· Design, develop, test, deploy, support high quality front office trading applications
· Apply best practices using common design patterns and data structures, using innovative approaches to solve real-world business problems
· Be part of an empowered team following agile methodologies
Essential qualifications and skills
• Proven track record developing front office trading applications
• Working knowledge in some scripting language (Python, Excel VBA Programming, VBS)
• Knowledge of data persistence in RDMS
• Good debugging skills
• Self-motivated candidate who can work just as easily as an individual as a team member
• Bloomberg Anywhere experience
• Java programming
• Exposure to ETL process
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
· Excellent interpersonal skills; we’re looking for someone who can work closely with technology teammates and business sponsors, while still being able to challenge traditional thought processes with new and innovative ideas
· Track record of being able to communicate complex problems across teams and users in an understandable fashion
Would you like to apply to this job?