The QA Engineer will be responsible for creating, evaluating and maintaining test plans and test cases for the current and upcoming projects for our ETL, Data Warehouse and Reporting. The position requires working directly with development teams, business analysts and PMO. Qualified candidates will have experience with all aspects of testing, define a strategy for testing new features and functionality. The ideal candidate must have strong understand of ETL and data warehouse Process that integrate large sets of data from multiple sources as well as above average knowledge of data structure, schema and objects. Candidate must be comfortable testing web applications and have strong systems and infrastructure knowledge. The candidate will also need to have great communication skills, be proactive, and be able to diagnose and troubleshoot within networks and remote systems.
Are you right for this job?
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in Web-based Software Quality Assurance in Agile development environment.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and the role and responsibilities of QA team within.
- Ability to establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Ability to develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Capable to develop SQL database scripts (both simple and complex) to perform verification of SQL objects or non-relational quires and various data migrations.
· Experience using ETL tools to test data extraction, transformations and load processing.
· Experience with testing reports designed by reporting tools such as Tableau, Oracle Reports Services or Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge of programming languages, databases, and new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of web technology and client server architecture and ability to troubleshoot server issues and identify problems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Experience testing systems for performance and scale.
- Experience working with off shore resources.
What will you do?
- Define test methods and create test plans for software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards.
- Create and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Define a strategy for testing new features and functionality, and be responsible for quantifying and improving data quality across multiple elements of our application.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Prepare and log thoughtful and concise descriptions of software bugs to be replicated by developers.
- Help establish new processes, implement best practices, and adopt appropriate toolset.
- Contribute to and help improve our existing automation framework.
- Execute performance tests and analyze the results.